Tentacles are basically timecode generators completely stripped-down to what you really need: They are accurate, small, lightweight, smart and easy to use devices. The versatile timecode output of Tentacle will allow you to connect Tentacles to nearly every kind of camera or recorder.
From a DSLR to an ARRI Alexa, Tentacle works with them. Once connected, you can leave Tentacles on your equipment for the whole day because Tentacles stay frame-accurate for 24 hours and the built-in battery lasts for up to 40 hours.
Since the introduction of Tentacle Sync, our little octopus has changed the definition of how a timecode generator should be. Small, easy to use and smart.
But Tentacle Sync is not just a timecode generator – it is a complete, professional workflow solution. No matter if you are a youtuber or a feature film sound engineer, Tentacle Sync does the job.
And now we have taken that to the next level.
With batteries lasting for up to 40 hours, an inaccuracy of less than 1 frame in 24 hours and a super-convenient UI, Tentacles are true “set and forget” devices.
The small, lightweight and unobtrusive Tentacles work with virtually all cameras and recorders on the market and bring timecode technology to any set.
The Tentacle Sync software prepares your material for editing within a glimpse. Just throw your clips in and that’s it!
Tentacle Sync allows you to read and analyze all kind of timecodes, including audio timecode, and enables you to sync, view and export dailies immediately – faster and more reliable than other software solutions.
- Reviews (0)
* Super small (34 x 50 x 16 mm) and lightweight (30 g)
* Super simple usage:
* DIP-Switchless operation (no screwdriver needed)
* Just one button and LED
* Setup via laptop or smartphone
* DSLR-ready: Switchable mic/line output + build-in microphone for reference sound
* Generates all SMPTE timecode rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 29.97DF and 30 FPS
* Compatible with all professional equipment: Uses LTC timecode according to SMPTE-12M standard
* High precision TCXO:
* Inaccuracy less than 1 frame in 24 hours
* Temperature range -30°C to +85°C
* Can act as master clock (Green Mode) or jam-sync to any external timecode source (Red Mode)
* Built-in rechargeable lithium polymer battery
* Lasts for up to 40 hrs
* Fast charging via USB (1.5 hrs)
* More than 3 years of battery life (depends on usage)
* Will be replaceable
* Integrated hook surface on back for easy mounting
* Made in Germany